- For the California Insurance Commissioner’s Top Ten Tips for Finding Residential Insurance, click Here. Use the Home Insurance Finder tool to locate agents/brokers in your immediate vicinity and beyond, or click here to access the Residential Insurance Company Contact List for a list of insurers that provide homeowners insurance.
- To see if your home is in a high risk area ckick here
- Look Here for insurance companies that offer discounts for fire-hardened homes
- Ask your insurance agent or broker if they can obtain coverage in the "surplus lines" market.
- If you are unable to find an agent who can insure you, the California FAIR Plan is available to every homeowner as a last resort
- If you feel that your insurance nonrenewal was unfair, file a complaint with the CDI.
For further assistance, the California Department of Insurance can be contacted at: 1-800-927-4357.